This website contains information on Computer Camps (aka “ReBOOT” Camps) held on DkIT Campus during the summer months. All camps will run from 10am to 4pm each day in the PJ Carroll Building. There are different types of camps, taking into account the different experience of the participants and different depth to which topics are covered.
You can apply for a camp by selecting a date and filling in the required form.
Important Information Before Applying
The different types of camp explained.
- Our new 3D Computer Animation Camp (“Camp Zero”) is for 11-14 year olds who are interested in the world of animation. You will be introduced to numerous techniques including modelling, keyframe animation, lighting, setting up cameras and rendering images.
- The “ReBOOT” Camp (the original) is for 11-14 year old beginners with an interest in Computing, but very little experience. We cover an Introduction to Programming, Web Development, Games Development and Robotics.
- The “BOOTed” Camp is a step up from the “ReBOOT”, good if you return for a second year. It covers similar topics, but builds on previous experience. The “ReBOOT” and the “BOOTed” Camps are three day camps.
- The “ReBOOT Comp-Sci” Camp is a three day project camp for 15-17 year olds. It requires some experience and introduces the participants to a whole new world of thinking. This year we have some very exciting projects to explore.
- The “Advanced Comp-Sci” Camp is a five day project camp for 15-17 year olds and adults (on the last week). It doesn’t require experience, but commitment. At the end you go home with a fully functioning system, and enough ideas to keep you going for the next year – maybe even for a Young Scientist project. The fee for the advanced camp covers a small computer and all the parts required for the project. You take these parts home.
Each camp is limited to 20 places. Depending on demand some of the camps will run twice. Some camps state a “preference for girls” as new educational guidelines are encouraging girls in all STEM subjects. However, applications from boys are welcome for these camps and will be considered in a shortfall of numbers.
If you book a camp, but wouldn’t mind to go to another, just indicate this in the Special Requirements box. This may allow us to facilitate everyone. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com